What is change management?
Benefits of change management ⇠ You are here
Thinking about the benefits of change management can be a really
useful process. In fact I often encourage anyone who is planning change to do this. Why? Well, often we get so deep in the planning process
that we lose sight of the forest and only see the trees.
Reading through a broad list of benefits,
such as these I've listed below, can spark really useful thoughts and ideas
about the change process you're working with.
You can use it as a checklist to hold against your planning. For example, using one benefit such as "reduced resistance to change", check that this does form part of your planning process and understand how you plan to manage this.
you run through these benefits of change management have a pen and
paper nearby so you can write down ideas that come to mind, or
areas of the change you'd like to pay more attention to. You can ask "in
what ways does this benefit correspond to my plan"?
The greatest importance of change management is that it provides conceptual scaffolding
for people, the process, and the organisation implementing change.
It's a framework used to support and understand the change and its
effect on the organization and its people.
Benefits of Change Management
for the Organization:
- Change is a planned and managed process. The benefits of the change
are known before implementation and serve as motivators and assessment
- The organization can respond faster to customer demands
- Helps to align existing resources within the organization
- Change management allows the organization to assess the overall impact of a change
- Change can be implemented without negatively effecting the day to day running of business
- Organizational effectiveness and efficiency is maintained or even improved by acknowledging the concerns of staff
- The time needed to implement change is reduced
- The possibility of unsuccessful change is reduced
- Employee performance increases when staff feel supported and understand the change process
- Increased customer service and effective service to clients from confident and knowledgeable employees
- Change management provides a way to anticipate challenges and respond to these efficiently
- An effective change management process lowers the risk associated with change
- Managed costs of change: change management helps to contain costs associated with the change
- Increased return on investment (ROI)
- Creates an opportunity for the development of "best practices", leadership development, and team development
Benefits of Change Management
- Effective change management supports a smooth transition from the
old to the new while maintaining morale, productivity, and even company
- Provides management and staff support for concerns regarding changes
- An efficient change management process creates the correct perception of the change for staff and public
- Helps to plan efficient communication strategies
- One of the benefits of change management is that it minimizes resistance to change
- Improves morale, productivity and quality of work
- Improves cooperation, collaboration and communication
- A carefully planned approach to change reduces stress and anxiety and encourages people to stay loyal to the organization
- Increased employee acceptance of the change
- Personal loss/gain to individuals is acknowledged and addressed
- Change management reduces disruptive aspects and emphasises positive opportunities in the change process
A few more thoughts about the
benefits of change management:
- Careful planning helps to ensure that the change process is started and managed by the right people at the right time
change management allows you to include specific tasks and events that
are appropriate for each stage in the change process
- Change management ensures that customers, suppliers and other stakeholders understand and support the change
Leave your thoughts below and keep in touch by visiting our Facebook Page and clicking 'Like' to join the community.
Change Management Coach
Like This Page?