Change quotes have the power to inspire, to spark imagination, and to effectively convey meaning. I've selected these quotes from literally thousands for their relevance to change management, and because they've inspired me or added depth to a change management presentation. Use these change management quotes to create meaningful, possibility focused change for yourself or others.
Featured Quote“To conquer frustration, one must remain intensely focused on the outcome, not the obstacles.”
T.F. Hodge, Within I Rise: Spiritual Triumph Over Death and Conscious Encounters with "The Divine Presence"
- Live, so you do not have to look back and say: 'God, how I have wasted my life'.
- All things must change to something new, to something strange.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807 - 1882)
- Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.
William James (1842 - 1910)
- Turbulence is life force. It is opportunity. Let's love turbulence and use it for change.
- Change your thoughts and you change your world.
Norman Vincent Peale (1898 - 1993)
- Genuine beginnings begin within us, even when they are brought to our attention by external opportunities.
- Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better.
King Whitney Jr.
- A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.
Pearl Buck (1892 - 1973)
- Usually when people are sad, they don't do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change.
Malcolm X (1925 - 1965), Malcolm X Speaks, 1965
- We live in a moment of history where change is so speeded up that we begin to see the present only when it is already disappearing.
R. D. Laing
- Even God cannot change the past.
Agathon (448 BC - 400 BC)
- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.
Charles Darwin (1809 - 1882)
- There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.
Nelson Mandela (1918 - ), 'A Long Walk to Freedom'
- Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.
Carol Burnett (1936 - )
- When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.
Hugh White (1773 - 1840)
- Let us take things as we find them: let us not attempt to distort them into what they are not. We cannot make facts. All our wishing cannot change them. We must use them.
John Henry Cardinal Newman (1801 - 1890)
Find more relevant change quotes here
- We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance.
Harrison Ford (1942 - ), quoted by Garry Jenkins in 'Harrison Ford: Imperfect Hero'
- They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.
Andy Warhol (1928 - 1987), The Philosophy of Andy Warhol
- Affirmations are like prescriptions for certain aspects of yourself you want to change.
- If you want your life to be more rewarding, you have to change the way you think.
Oprah Winfrey (1954 - ), O Magazine
Change Quotes page 1,
Return from Change Quotes to the Home Page
Like Change-Management-Coach? Join our Facebook community.