Quotes About Change
Quotes about change ⇠You are here
Quotes about change have the power to inspire, to spark imagination, and to
effectively convey meaning.
I've selected these quotes from thousands for their relevance to change management, and because they've
inspired me or added depth to a change management presentation.
Nelson Mandela (1918 - 2013), 'A Long Walk to Freedom'
Quotes about change
- Live, so you do not have to look back and say: 'God, how I have wasted my life' ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
- All things must change to something new, to something strange.
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882)
- Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.
~ William James (1842-1910)
- Turbulence is life force. It is opportunity. Let's love turbulence and use it for change ~ Ramsay Clark
- Change your thoughts and you change your world.
~ Norman Vincent Peale (1898-1993)
- Genuine beginnings begin within us, even when they are brought to our attention by external opportunities ~ William Bridges
has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the
fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To
the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the
confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things
better ` King Whitney Jr.
- A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.
~ Pearl Buck (1892-1973)
when people are sad, they don't do anything. They just cry over their
condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change ~ Malcolm X (1925-1965)
live in a moment of history where change is so speeded up that we begin
to see the present only when it is already disappearing ~ R. D. Laing
- Even God cannot change the past ~ Agathon (448 BC-400 BC)
- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.
~ Charles Darwin (1809-1882)
- There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.
~ Nelson Mandela (1918-2013 ), 'A Long Walk to Freedom'
these quotes about change to create meaningful, possibility focused
change for yourself or others.
- Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.
~ Carol Burnett (1936 - )
you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the
thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of
wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power ~ Hugh White (1773-1840)
Find more relevant quotes about change here
- We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance.
~ Harrison Ford (1942- ), quoted by Garry Jenkins in 'Harrison Ford: Imperfect Hero' (1998)
- They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.
~ Andy Warhol (1928-1987), in The Philosophy of Andy Warhol (1975)
- Affirmations are like prescriptions for certain aspects of yourself you want to change ~ Jerry Frankhauser
- If you want your life to be more rewarding, you have to change the way you think ~ Oprah Winfrey (1954 - )
- Everything is connected... no one thing can change by itself.
~ Paul Hawken
- All appears to change when we change ~ Henri-Frédéric Amiel
- Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your daily modus operandi and change your world ~ Annie Lennox
- Change is the process by which the future invades our lives.
~ Alvin Toffler
time is now, the place is here. Stay in the present. You can do nothing
to change the past, and the future will never come exactly as you plan
or hope for ~ Dan Millman
- Could we
change our attitude, we should not only see life differently, but life
itself would come to be different. Life would undergo a change of
appearance because we ourselves had undergone a change in attitude.
~ Katherine Mansfield (1888-1923)
again clutter your days or nights with so many menial and unimportant
things that you have no time to accept a real challenge when it comes
along. This applies to play as well as work. A day merely survived is no
cause for celebration. You are not here to fritter away your precious
hours when you have the ability to accomplish so much by making a slight
change in your routine. No more busy work. No more hiding from success.
Leave time, leave space, to grow. Now. Now! Not tomorrow!
~ Og Mandino (1923-1996)
Leave your best quote about change below and keep in touch by visiting our Facebook Page and clicking 'Like' to join the community.
Change Management Coach
Quotes about change
More quotes about change
Like This Page?