Cost Control Services
by Richard Swarbrick
Cost Control Services
Cost Control Services is run by Project Director Richard Swarbrick PMP CAPM. Established in 1984 and serving business throughout Europe.
We specialize in Project Management Consultancy and Project Management Training.
- Project Management Services
- Project Consultancy
- Business Solutions
- Specialist Project Management Training
- Short to Medium Term Contracts
- Implementation & Change Management
- Facilities & Property Management
- Outsourcing & Resources Management
- Business Solutions, Advice & Training
Richard Swarbrick is Project Management Institute certified as a PMP Project Management Professional and as a certified Associate in Project Management.
A self-motivated and organized professional skilled in orchestrating tasks and details to achieve project objectives on time, within budget and using available resources. A flexible approach with a “can do” attitude.
A dedicated team player, committed to providing high-quality support and excellent problem-solving skills to all organizational levels. A clear communicator, able to create interaction between diverse audiences.
- Strong project management skills and ethos, employing a disciplined and structured yet pragmatic approach to change management.
- Strong relationship-building and stakeholder management skills with an ability to adjust style appropriately, motivate others to succeed and delegate effectively.
- Ability to work with all levels in an organisation from staff to Directors.
- Contributes to problem solving and generates ideas for enhancements and improvements to service delivery.
- Full project lifecycle delivery experience.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communications and negotiation skills, proactively shares skills and knowledge with others.
- Ability to adapt to and implement change.
- Builds relationships with colleagues, engages with others and consults others on key decisions.
- Ability to manage programme scope through formal change management process.
- Provides a supportive work environment for colleagues and shares information readily.
- MS Project, Tenrox, Visio and PowerPoint proficiency MS SharePoint experience.
- Excellent understanding of management information and reporting systems.
- Organises information and resources effectively.
- Experience with planning and executing strategic change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
During the past 15 years I have gained extensive experience in a number of contracts including implementation, change, pre-opening and start up phases involving project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure.
These have included some large scale facilities servicing offices with over 5000 employees in the banking, pharmaceutical and industrial sectors, exclusive 4*and 5* hotels with leisure & spa facilities, industrial/commercial facilities, retail store openings & refurbishments, book publishing, equestrian centres and redevelopment projects.
I was responsible for the pre-opening and opening phases of a number of International Hotels Group
integration processes and operations for new hotel start-ups in Ireland. Responsibility for setting up all cost and general management, SOPs, KPIs and operational processes while establishing the business.
Planned and implemented a highly successful pre build, pre-opening and opening of a 4* luxury hotel and spa facility. I was fully responsible for the entire project works throughout its pre-opening and opening phases. Full project management accountability for the entire project.
I have had overall responsibility for project budget, integration, and scope for many other similar projects under contract. I have also been in control of projects with overall responsibility for time and cost management for USA, British and Irish companies.
Accountable for the planning, implementation and execution of the large scale hospitality and executive facilities for Multinational Headquarters based in Dublin, servicing over 5000 employees.
Outsourcing and resources management, soft facilities and property management, quality, human resources and communication management for hospitality groups and the early planning phase of the development of new hotel projects in Dublin, Ireland.
I was responsible for the planning, implementation, execution and opening of a luxury 5* Manor House Hotel for a Large Hotel Group based in the USA.
I worked with a large Cafes Group in the UK & Ireland during the restructuring, implementation and change of their business platform and also when they refurbished all of their directly owned city units and retail stores throughout Dublin. Researched and recommended specific vendors for improved procurement and facilities management services.
I set up and established service contracts and facilities for large scale American pharmaceutical companies based in Ireland with over 6000 site employees.
I have extensive experience in implementation and change management for projects where clients have required support in conducting essential structural change within their organisations. I was responsible for the establishment of management services and facilities for city wide offices on behalf of a Global services provider for clients and I have been involved in all procurement negotiations and client account management on their behalf.
Proud to be a member of:
Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics SCCE
Worldwide Management Consultants (WMC)
ISO21500 Project Management Group
World Global Management Network
Certified Associate Project Management Group
High End PM
IPMA International Project Management Association
We offer coaching and support for leaders and senior executives, supervisors and/or managers providing specialist project management coaching, training and workshops on site and at pre arranged locations nationwide.
Cost Control Services
Email: connec[email protected]